4 shallots chopped
small fennel chopped
260ml dry white wine
260ml dry Vermouth
500ml fish stock
550ml double cream
2 tbsp grain mustard
800g white fish fillets i use cod, haddock & hake
200g raw peeled deveined king prawns
Squeeze of lemon
Few sprigs of thyme
handful of chopped tarragon, flat leaf parsley and chervil leaves
salt & pepper to season
6-8 large potatoes
Milk and butter
2 large egg yolks
Oven 180 degrees
1. sweat the onions and fennel until soft and add wine and vermouth and reduce by half. Add the fish stock and reduce by half.
2. Add cream and reduce until saucy. Strain and discard the onion and fennel. Stir in the mustard, season and leave to cool.
3. Cut the fish into chunks and poach the fish in enough water to cover, squeeze the lemon and the thyme, until slightly undercooked. Remove the fish and gently fold the prawns and fish into the sauce add extra lemon juice and herbs as required.
4. Boil the potatoes and mash with a little milk and butter and pass through a ricer beat in the egg yolks and spread mash on top as desired.
5. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown and serve.